Problem with Konqueror Webbrowser

Daveleh

Hi everyone,

I have come across a problem with Konqueror and was wondering whether or not anyone else experienced the same.

My home page is set as uk.my.yahoo.com. When the main page loads there is a section on the left hand side where you enter your login and password in order to access your personal settings.

Now, in all the other browsers that I have tried, Mozilla, Galeon and Phoenix, this works ok but in Konqueror when I click into either of the text boxes nothing appears when I type. However if I click on the Sign In button I get taken to a new page which gives me the option to register or to try signing in again. Here I can enter text into the boxes and subsequently login.

Is this something that I am doing wrong or need to set up somewhere in Konqueror or is it a bug that I need to submit?

Thanks in advance

I have same result on my 3.0.5a Konqueror browser. Not able to input on front page, but can after hitting the login button and going to second page.

I checked http://my.yahoo.com and it works ok. That might indicate something different in the code on that sign in box.

Since recent Mandrake Update to this KDE version, I have had several glitches in Konq that seem related to Java. I had to shut it off globally and do without it as it spawned each applet into separate windows. Wierd! :cry:

I mostly use Opera because I haven't gotten Konq to run too well.

Hi,

Kmack said:

I have same result on my 3.0.5a Konqueror browser.  Not able to input on front page, but can after hitting the login button and going to second page.

Oh well, it's good to know that it's not me :-)

and mtweidmann said:

I'm running KDE 3.1rc5 and it works fine.  Must be a problem they fixed between versions.  If you don't feel like manually updating KDE you could just wait for MDK 9.1 to come out.

That doesn't bother me but I only have a 56K connection so I'll wait till it's out on Linux Format DVD, either KDE3.1 or ML9.1 :-)

Thanks both of you for replying