realplayer installation

Guest gegalla

Guest gegalla

I want to download and install the linux version of realplayer. I found it on the internet but I am not sure of which linux version to download.

Once I find the version I'm assuming I have to download it to a directory. What is the process of installlng the software after that?

Whoops

there is no realplayer on texstar's anymore sorry

did a search and found a generic rpm on rpmfind.net for realplayer 8.0

ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/freshrpms/misc/re...-8.0-1.i386.rpm

Don't know how well that would work in mandrake 9.0 though

Go here

http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/2/simple/2

search for realplayer in Mandrake9.X

the result will show texstar's but if you click on the link you get more mirrors that still have rpms from texstar that he doesn't have up rt now :wink: That's how I got it and other texstar rpm currently not available from him.

http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3?idpa=20978...arch=realplayer

I always go to rpmpbone b4 rpmfind...it's great!

Guest gegalla

Thanks for the above info. I was able to find a version of realplayer, download it and install it using rpm. I'm using mozilla 1.1 and I want to listen to npr archived programs on the net. When I click on the listen icon I get a window that says save to disk or open using .......... . How can I use realplayer to listen to the audio?

do a locate realplay

inside the directory that contains realplayer there will be some shell scripts, if you run them, they will update mime-types and ns plugin info

you can also manually enter realplay into the dialog box, but the other way is more efficient, because it will update all of the mimetypes

Guest gegalla

I was able to update the plugin and mime files through the help function. Now realplayer is working with mozilla and I'm listening to streaming audio. Thanks to alll who helped out.