Lost graphic boot

Ixthusdan

I recently updated my laptop to the new kernel available on the updates servers. Although lilo remains the same, I have lost the graphic Mandriva boot. Everything else is fine; this is merely a cosmetic issue. If the screen reso;utio is good, what else might have happened??

No, the laptop uses the SiSGX760 video, which is correctly identified by Mandriva as the Mirage II. (Actually, after I told it to use that driver) Lilo had lost the correct resolution, which I fixed. (vga=788) But now I get a marvelously fine printed verbose boot! :lol: I don't think it is video. But, the laptop must run at 1200X800 for optimum image, I just neber saw that setting as necessary in lilo.

Not sure if this is what you require, but splash=silent stops the verbose mode added to the append line shown below:

image=/boot/vmlinuz
	label="linux"
	root=/dev/hda2
	initrd=/boot/initrd.img
	append="resume=/dev/hda6 splash=silent"
	vga=788

If not that, you can go into mcc, and then Boot/Boot Loader and check the theme hasn't been disabled.

I'll check the theme in mcc. I have to use 791 for this laptop; 788 won't allow a boot. The screenbuffer must be within a rather narrow range. I already had the "silence" switch and never removed it. No one else seems to have the problem; google yeilds nothing specifically applicable.