Mandrake 9 RAID drivers

ral

Yes, it supports both. On install it should detect them and put a line in your lilo.conf something like append=ide-scsi ide1=0x9400 etc (I can't remember exactly) which enables the kernel to find the controller. To set it up as raid I suggest that you look at the Raid howto and the booting Raid controller minihowto.

Thanks, by the way would it matter if the highpoint RAID was built into the motherboard? Seems like the cheapest hardware RAID solution I can find (Epox 4G4A+ Intel 845G w/ built in video, sound, LAN and HP372 RAID).

It shodln't matter if its built in or whether its a seperate card. Its the chipset it uses that makes a difference. Find out which chip it uses then try doing a search to see how well it is supported.

I've got a Epox motherboard with inbuilt RAID. I just use it as an extra set of IDE channels, not for RAID. But my Linux drive is attached to the RAID channel, and it works perfectly.