Weird Printer Problem [solved]

lakelover

I back with my on-going printer problem. This is the darndest on-again, off-again situation. I'm running 2006 with a totally fresh install. I have the latest TurboPrint version downloaded and setup. I have configured MCC printer numerous times and still cannot get the printer to print properly. It prints very light and backwords. It works just fine on WinXP, so the problem must be in my set up on Mandriva. When I go to file/print/ I cannot pull up my printer (canon_i560_turboprint) I get "postscript printer." When I go to MCC, it is properly listed but on port "0." the physical parallel port on my computer that the printer is connected to is port 1. But I can't select port one on the MCC setup, or I haven't found it. What does work on Mandriva which 2006 recognizes is CanonBJC1000. It runs my canon i560, but the print is so small I can hardly read it. If I could increase the type size I would stick wioth that configuration. This whole printer things is carzy and driving my crazy.

I'll appreciate any and all help you can offer.

Jerry

I have a Canon printer, and it prints grey rather than black. It's purely the Canon printer range from my experience.

You can try this link that I was looking to use when I was figuring my printer out.

http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/p_Supported_Printers.php3

Hi, lakelover!

I have(had) some of your printer problems, on same Mandriva 2006 + printerdrake + turpboprint.

I quess that's a bug printerdrake. Printdrake just sets the settings to the most economic mode (-50%) and mirror output, every time you open its window!

The only solution I found so far is not to touch printerdrake :-(

Use tpsetup and tpconfig from Turboprint to setup your printer(s) properly . You may want to check "advanced" settings in the color tab to get the vivid colours back. If you open printerdrake after that, you'll get your settings reset to "mirror page make it pale", again!

Update:

Before I had printerdrake, I found that the printer model that Mandriva detects, is more or less arbitrary. I had to print out test page for every BJC in the list, to get the right print.

Use tpsetup and tpconfig from Turboprint to setup your printer(s) properly . You may want to check "advanced" settings in the color tab to get the vivid colours back. If you open printerdrake after that, you'll get your settings reset to "mirror page make it pale", again!

Thanks to your suggestion that I use "tpconfig" I got the printer to print at the proper ink level, I still have a mirror image, though. How do I get rid of that?

-------------------------

UPDATE: I found the mirror toggle on MCC, and now my Canon i560 seems to be working okay. If I have futher problems I'll be back here for sure. Thanks a million for all your help.

Jerry

Edited by lakelover

lakelover

I'm having the same problem with my IP1000. As I have no idea what to do in tpconfig or tpsetup, can you post specific instructions?

Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------

Got the driver working just fine.

Edited by Chyrania