How do I install?

doody

• 1 month later...

:furious3: I have tried several different ways to get the flash player to work. I also run a 64bit Linux 0S system. I have followed the instructions verbatim from the macromedia instructions and to no success. the files for it they say to copy .xpt & .so I have done to the

/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins ...no good , but I also had a file lib64/mozilla/plugins .....did that but no good &

finally another listing for /usr/lib/mozill-firefox-1.0.6/plugins so I copied both there as welll and still no good.

anyone come up with something that works for this. :help:

To install the firefox plugin for MPlayer so that streaming video can be played, copy mplayerplug-in.so and mplayerplug-in.xpt to ~/.mozilla/plugins. Note that ~ represents home.

.mozilla is the hidden folder where your firefox profile resides and it is normally located as listed above. The profile contains your bookmarks, preferences, etc.

edit:

To install the flash player copy flashplayer.xpt and libflashplayer.so to the folder mentioned above.

Edited by daniewicz

:furious3: I have tried several different ways to get the flash player to work. I also run a 64bit Linux 0S system. I have followed the instructions verbatim from the macromedia instructions and to no success. the files for it they say to copy .xpt & .so I have done to the

/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins      ...no good , but I also had a file lib64/mozilla/plugins  .....did that but no good &

finally another listing for /usr/lib/mozill-firefox-1.0.6/plugins    so I copied both there as welll and still no good.

anyone come up with something that works for this. :help:

The Macromedia flash plugin is 32 bit only, and they won't release a 64 version soon. Others solved this problem by running 32 bit programs in this case Firefox. Though I don't know how it works, you have to install a 32 bit Firefox only or the full operating system. Someone who has a 64 bit system will tell.