Xfree86 4.3.0

Guest c_m_f

• 3 weeks later...
does any body habe an idea when the final of this will be out?

OSNEWS.com Says:

The next major version of XFree86, the popular X11 windowing system for Unix, is now available from XFree86's FTP server and its mirrors. Version 4.3.0 offers many new features, including the RandR extension, new mouse cursors, better font engine, better ATi Radeon support and much more.

so i guess its released TODAY

well, i copied the above file from another pc running 9.1rc1 and then nodep'd the bitch. everything is running fine. But where are the new mouse cursors and all? I'm running a cvs version on my box at home, and I have all kinds of nice transparent cursors, etc. any ideas?

It tells you.....GLIBC_2.3.2. It's in all the glibc's with the same name (libpthread.so.0) :roll: but is looking for 2.3.2.

yes, yes, I know, but go and try to actually track that rpm down on rpmfind.net. nonexistent. X is running, but no bells and whistles like in the cvs version.

anon...on the cooker rpms for 4.3-1, do you have transparency by default?  or did you have to adjust anything?

By default, yes, didnt have to adjust anything. BTW I no longer need windoze fonts, updated freetype and freetype2 etc, everything looks really good.