Xfree86 4.3.0

Guest c_m_f

I don't know what to sugest, although I have rc1 installed, I update from cooker just about everything every two days, kde, kde-galaxy, fonts, Mozilla, etc etc.

Be careful going down that road, you can come unstuck, avoid the latest cooker kernel :wink:

Well.. I installed the XFree 4.3 rpms from cooker also (along with many other things) and so far I cannot see any difference for me. Then again, I have an NVidia GEForce2 MX with Nvidia driver so maybe I have to recompile the NVidia driver? Other than that... no problems whatsoever..

BTW, Anon.. what is wrong with the newest cooker kernel? I have kernel-2.4.21.0.pre4.10mdk-1-1mdk

installed and planned to install the newest until I see this message.

Well.. I installed the XFree 4.3 rpms from cooker also (along with many other things) and so far I cannot see any difference for me. Then again, I have an NVidia GEForce2 MX with Nvidia driver so maybe I have to recompile the NVidia driver? Other than that... no problems whatsoever..

BTW, Anon.. what is wrong with the newest cooker kernel? I have kernel-2.4.21.0.pre4.10mdk-1-1mdk

installed and planned to install the newest until I see this message.

As a hobby, i have a cooker rcxx beta, installed on a seperate drive for testing purposes and reporting bugs, I always keep the last two kernels releases installed for safety in case of unrecoverable crashes, the latest kernel, 2.4.21.0.11.mdk-1-1mdk caused me a kernel panic, and a whole load of unrecoverable errors. I may have been wrong to put you off instaliling that kernel, since I have learned through experience that what screws up on one computer, works fine on another,... go figure.

BTW I have the same nvidia card as you, and I never bother to rebuild it on cooker stuff since I update the kernel often.

Just wondering if you use kde, whether the kde-galaxy might make a difference?