Internet sharing [SOLVED]

Arne

Hello again ianw1974,

Since you disapeared I understod that you think I should solve it by my self.

I that was what I did. I am running internet on both computers at the same time. Both on Opera browsers and this reply is written on the Linux Box.

The problem was in XP and my Sierra Wireless PCMCIA card which have both a dial up up and network card function. Using the dial up modem function was the right one.

The other problem was the confusing large numbers of option to be set right and to set the firewall right. Only firewall on the dial up and not on the Local Area Network.

It was possble to fix this without running the Lan set up wizard. I only changed the settings.

The strange thing is that Sierra Wireless Adapter part disable it self when the new setup is activated. I must admit that I dont understand this Apter part, maybe in the future.

On the bulky road to Internet connection I lost my Printer Sharing. Since I have fixed this before I trust I can do it again. I don't know why and how I lost it.

Any tip on this will be appreciated.

Now I finally able to start to use Easy URPMI which I believe is the best way to learn moore Linux. Newbies whitout internet connection on Linux have a big drawback when trying to learn linux.

I am so happy I solved this mainly by my self. You know self confidence.......

Any many thanks for the help you gave. Without guys like you and a forum like this Linux would remain a toy for Geeks. Thanks Thanks

Strange the spell checker does not seems to work so excuse spelling errors.

Hi Arne,

Sorry, I hadn't disappeared, I couldn't think of anything, and was waiting for a post to see if anyone had any further ideas that might help me think some more.

It can be difficult sometimes, when trying to see the problem and resolve when no physical access to a machine to test what you were working with. I felt useless!

I'm glad you got it sorted, and apologies, I should have posted to say that I couldn't think of anything else to help you with.

Regarding the printer sharing, it's not been blocked because of enabling firewalls or anything like that? Is the printer on the Windows machine, and shared accordingly? It could be a blocked port perhaps.