ATI Radeon Mobility 9800

Guest Twitche

Guest Twitche

Hi :help::wall::juggle::lol2::screwy::beer:

I have MD LD 2005 L10.2 på on a Dell Ispiron 9100, 3.2 ghz, 1024 ram, 100gb, ati radeon 9800

My problem is that when i install the ati drivers x wont start. I wanna enable 3d acceleration but dont know how to this. Could someone plese explain this to me like i was a 5 year old. Great if someone that has the same card and got it working could post. Thank you please help me. :thanks::thanks::thanks:

Edited by Twitche

sorry.

right, I take it you have downloaded the ATi installer?

When you log into your system, are you getting a command prompt after X fails to load?

If so, log in as "root" with the "root password".

CD to the directory where the ATi install was downloaded to (possibly /home/MY Downloads).

type "chmod 777 ati-x" (replace ati-x with full file name).

then type "./ati-x" (again replace ati-x with full file name).

This should launch the ati installer in text mode.

Proceed with the installation and select the "recomended setup" not the advanced one.

after the install finishes, it tells you to run fglrxconfig (or similar). Do that by typing the command.

Once you have finished following those instructions and are back at the command prompt. Type "rebbot". Fingers crossed X will boot this time.

Chris

Guest Twitche
sorry.

right, I take it you have downloaded the ATi installer?

When you log into your system, are you getting a command prompt after X fails to load?

If so, log in as "root" with the "root password".

CD to the directory where the ATi install was downloaded to (possibly /home/MY Downloads).

type "chmod 777 ati-x" (replace ati-x with full file name).

then type "./ati-x" (again replace ati-x with full file name).

This should launch the ati installer in text mode.

Proceed with the installation and select the "recomended setup" not the advanced one.

after the install finishes, it tells you to run fglrxconfig (or similar). Do that by typing the command.

Once you have finished following those instructions and are back at the command prompt. Type "rebbot". Fingers crossed X will boot this time.

Chris

so what you are saying is, running ati installer then reboot, when x crashes run ati installer again?