Mandrakesoft. SA

Guest anon

Mandrakesoft financial reorganization (follow up)

--------------------------------------------------

On January 27th, 2003, confirmation was received from the French

Commercial Court that MandrakeSoft had been granted a six month

observation and protection period to establish a continuation plan. This

protection period provides the ability to renegotiate the

Company's

current liabilities. A court-appointed administrator has been named to

assist MandrakeSoft during this process.

MandrakeSoft welcomes this latest news as a positive step to achieving

solid financial restructuring which will make the company profitable.

In the continuation plan we're

working on,

MandrakeSoft's main objective

is to reach profitability as soon as possible. When the continuation

plan is approved, MandrakeSoft will leave the observation period.

As part of the Company's

continuation plan, MandrakeSoft may initiate a

small increase of capital in the upcoming weeks to help secure the

scenario. Please contact us if you are in a position to participate.

Jacques Le Marois.

Chairman and President

Dang everything sounded great untill the last bit. That part sounded like a warning about another "funding" drive.

what do you expect? if they need money, they're going to ask for it. because they know there are people using their product that aren't supporting them. simple facts :)

Dang everything sounded great untill the last bit. That part sounded like a warning about another "funding" drive.

Well that is what they need isn't it? Money? Of course they're going to start a "help us" drive. They'd be stupid not too.

I think what they are talking about is selling shares of stock or joining the Mandrake Club. Its not like they are asking for handouts.

Correct. The above letter was sent out to shareholders.

I myself have been guilty of making less than friendly MandrakeSoft posts in the past, but events like this change people and organizations. I think we should all give Mandrake a fresh start. The new CEO has promised as much.

We are afterall a Mandrake site.

Lets forget the past, and hope that the company that created one of our favorite distro's pulls through (and to think that I use RedHat :) ).

• 2 weeks later...

I wan to see the Plan of Reorganization posted on the site for all to read. It is after all, a public document. Someone would need to translate it but in its absence, I remain a doubter, particularly when the Euronext exchange suspensded trading in Mandrakesoft stock, meaning no one really knows what its value is. If I am wrong about that, show me the evidence. A full and complete disclosure of an audited financial statement wouldn't hurt either. If we are to become partners, we should know what we are buying into. This isn't criticism, it's business.

Counterspy

• 3 months later...
Guest Adriano

Almost five months have now passed. I am curious about the company's economical issues. Does anyone know how things are going for Mandrake Soft? Any news?

Having liked a lot the 9.1 release (I've used 8.0, 8.2 and this one) I hope they are able to survive, as undoubtably everyone here wants too.

Yep fingers crossed cause it seems no matter what distro I try I seem to always go back to mdk...would stink for the company to go away and have to decide on another distro..uhg...I have a feeling we'll be seeing many more releases...

i'm worried considering we haven't heard anything from them...aside from the announcement of 9.1 packs.  guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I should think that when their time is up, they will have to go back to the French courts and say, "thanks to mandrakeusers, we are now able to continue as a viable business" ........or something like that :lol:

i'm worried considering we haven't heard anything from them...aside from the announcement of 9.1 packs.  guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I should think that when their time is up, they will have to go back to the French courts and say, "thanks to mandrakeusers, we are now able to continue as a viable business" ........or something like that :lol:

are you implying that where their forums failed, we succeeded? no, never! :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...