can't print anymore

beesea

i tried to print today for the first time in a few weeks, and for some reason i can't print anymore. no matter what program i try to print with, it completes without any errors. they don't seem to get "stuck" in the queue or anything. the printer doesn't do anything. it acts as if its got nothing to print. according to http://localhost:631, the printer is idle, and ready to print. it displays an empty queue with no pending jobs.

anyone know how i can fix this?

Same thing - can't print.

Tried removing updates then reinstalling old printer packages.

Must have missed some. Still can't print.

Did you remove the new ones before reinstalling?

Thanks

Did you remove the new ones before reinstalling?

yup. i went to mandrakesecure.net to look up the packages that got updated. i removed most of them except the ghostscript package which had a ton of dependencies. also, there was a printer-drivers src rpm or something that i didn't deal with. after that i just re-installed the old rpms from the installation cds. remember to setup your printer again after you do this

How about posting that as a separate question with a summary of what you have tried along with the make and model of the printer? The only reason I read this was that I had the same problem which was caused by not having the correct driver installed. It was an HP 2110 All in one.

Counterspy

Had this thousands of times......

In most cases, someone in the biz tried to print letter-size to an A4-paper/printer. Then the job get's done and finished, but the printer does nothing and is ready again.

I had looked in the /var/cups-directory and found the spooled files for this printout left over. turning off cups, deleting the files, turning on cups again did help out.