mandrivalinux 10.2 and antivirus package

fahd

There is a lite version - install only those KDE packages that you need.

I don't select KDE upon installing Mandrake, and install KDE later, with just the things I need, nothing more.

Evil RPMs? Where? I'll send out a squad of Good RPMs to head them off ;)

solarian: clamav is mostly used for server-side (mailserver, etc) filtering and mostly for checking for Windows viruses, yeah. That's not _all_ it works for, though. It can be used as a conventional client-side scanner and it does check for Linux viruses (yeah, both of them...). There's even a KDE front end, these days: http://klamav.sourceforge.net/ . Not sure if we have that packaged, yet.

One of the first things I tried with 10.1 was klamav - a gui'ed clamav and it installed perfectly, using MCC as I recall. It's available on MCC for 2005. I don't run one yet on 2005. I did hear som caveat on cooker about clamav not being updated or something - really vague. But klamav is an intense AV

Kristi

EDIT - being bored at 5am... I installed klamav with MCC software install. Install was quick and easy. I found the klamav icon in Menu, System, FileTools. It asked if it could update, I said yes. didn't take too long. Clicked on the scan tab and since it was pointing at my /home/kristi/ I told it OK. Took about 5 minutes. A full system scan takes a long time. The scan found 4 things it didn't like and quaranteened them. I'll check them tomorrow. It was really hard work enabling this AV checker :lol2::lol2::lol2: