Canon i950 - help please

photoworks

I have mandriva 2005 LE

i have canon printer i950

i have set the paper as a4, however, the printer prints only a reduce copy of my documents so that they appear on the top quarter of each pages instead of being printed on the whole page.

Does anmyone encounters this knd of problem ?

I wonder if i have the right driver.

Could anyone help me on this ?

have you set up your printer dialogue properly (checked for advanced settings)? it sounds more like a configuration error than a module/driver problem.

Edited by arctic

aha... now we come closer to the problem. as you do not have the specific driver/module, needed to run your printer properly, it simply guesses how to print stuff. that is why you get such crappy results. you will need to install a module for your printer that actually works with your canon. try a google search. i do know that there are several modules for canon printers running under linux out there. maybe you can find one that fits your needs. if you cannot find any module, try using a rather similar printer, something from the canon i-series (e.g. i850, 900,..). maybe this helps.

looks promising although i cannot speak/read japanese, so i have no idea how "up-to-date" they are.

as the rpms are based on redhat, they should work with mandrake, i guess. just give it a try. if it doesn't work, you can still uninstall the rpm.

good luck :)

Canon printers (and especially Pixma series' ones) won't work properly with any of the available CUPS drivers- blame Canon for that. You might be able to find something sort-of-working on the japanese site of Canon, but don't hope for much: Canon is simply Linux- hostile.

However, they will work fine (almost all of them) with Turboprint, which can also be used as a CUPS print system extension.

The bad thing is that Turboprint is commercial ( 30$). Check their site (turboprint.de) to see if they claim support for your printer.