Msec level 4 keeps resets group settings!?

Levrie

Hello fellow 'mandrivas'

I'm so close to sorting out my new 'server' 10.1 and set the security level to 'Higher'. I've got all my services running sweetly (for the moment) except for the following.....

I want to share a directory just for a specific 'group' of users, say ABC.

As root, I create the directory, ie mkdir data, chmod ie 670, and finally, chgrp ABC data.

This is then shared via 'samba' and works fine, then, the msec script kicks in and resets the group settings back to xxx. This then makes the 'share' disapear to all the members of the ABC group until I manually chmod 670 data again.

Okay, I can stop the msec cron hourly, daily script running but that defeats the whole idea of the using securty levels in the first place.

All I want is to be able to have a 'permanent' share available to the ABC group of the data directory, this is driving me nuts!!! I've reached the level of my own incompetence and need treatment and help.

HELP!!!

David

I've looked at the perm.4 file but..... I don't know what I have to change or do, can you enlighten please?

Umm, why don't you try to just read and read it :D. You'll figure out something when you finished read it for certain times.

Work hard, yeah...!

Thankyou very much DragonMage.

I can't believe I missed that!!! Now much more relaxed.

This may be OT but possibly, security settings related......

When I start the server Level 4 'Higher security' I cannot use the mouse. I have to go to MCC and then offer the root password etc. > hardware > mouse settings etc.

Why is this? Can you offer any suggestions please?

Thanks again

David