scanner making mechanical noise under Man 10.1

4ebees

Hi there again.

I was just wondering if it is possible to UNinstall SANE from Mandrake 10.1 and then install the version I have in Mandrake 10.0. Would that possibly change how the scanner is being seen/used by Xsane/Kooka?

Any ideas as to whether it would work?

I've also just worked out that if I manually set the area to scan (don't do a preview scan) and then hit 'scan', I don't get the mechanical problem :)

I'd rather not have to do that, however, which made me wonder if installing the earlier version of SANE would work.

You can install/uninstall every software you want. Just use urpmi. However most software is dependent on other bits of software so it is possible that you will need to remove packages that you wouldn't want to loose.

Ha-ha! (said it haughty stage voice).

Well, didn't bloody work did it LOL

This is what I can do...

I can judge pretty much the area that is scans without risking mechanical damage.

I can scan (final scan that is) and as long as I don't reach the 'point of possible damage', it's fine. I can then scan the whole page and then rescan the area I want. I just can't use preview scan...

In summary, I can use the scanner, it's just not as functional as it is under 10.0!

Very weird

Well, I'll post a bug and see what happens. Very disappointing, as I had high hopes for my change to 10.1.