random wifi system freeze [solved]

bobterri

I downloaded, installed and configured ndiswrapper. I can now wirelessly connect to the internet. Everything is just fine except occassionally, sometimes an hour into surfing the internet, sometimes 1/2 hour, sometimes 2 hours, the system just freezes up. I have to press the power button down and hold it until it shuts off.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

I downloaded and installed the manufacturer's driver (they're the same for w2000 and xp) and it locked up within 5 minutes.

I've got to say that it only locks up when I drag the mouse cursor over the URL in the URL address window at the top of any browser (It's done it in firefox, mozilla and konqueror) or a field on a webpage. For example it locked up when I went to the search window on the www.linuxquestion.org site and dragged the cursor over the words "Search for..." on the www.linuxquestion.org site.

I don't remember it locking up at any other time.

Well, I hat to say it but I downloaded and instlaled Linuxant's WLAN Driverloader and it is working like a charm, at least for the last two days. Ndiswrapper would have locked up the computer several time by now. Maybe I'll go back to Ndiswrapper at some point in the future when a new release comes out, but I'll gladly pay the $19.95 for Linuxant's solution. It just plain works (at least so far).