Openoffice menu has disappeared. Help!!!

photoworks

did the menu vanish without you doing anything or did you try to change something before? try to log into the system using e.g. icewm and see if the menu is completely gone or if this is maybe only a kde-problem (i guess you are using kde, if not, please correct me).

have you tried to run menudrake already?

open a terminal or type in the "run application" box "menudrake".

if you delete hidden kde-folders, they should be regenerated after the next login. it looks as if you deleted more imho than jsut a few temporary folders.... :unsure:

just as i thought: everything works in other environments but you kde-home got killed...bad luck. the easiest way to get everything running again is: log in as root, open a file manager, rename your home folder and create a new one with your previous users name. e.g. rename folder /home/user1 to /home/blahblahblah. now create /home/user1 and assign this folder to user1 in the permissions section. now remove user 1. and now: recreate him (yes, i know it sounds silly, but that saves a lot of permission-fiddling). copy all important data you have in folder /home/blahblahblah to the newly created /home/user1 folder. now log in as normal user and everything should be working again.

I just realised that i forgot to specify something. The missing menu issue occurs only in Openoffice.org program. eveything else works perfectly. Do i still have to do what you suggested or is it not just a openoffice.org issue ?

Don't make me wrong, i do not mistrust you, but i am affraid taht in my haste i did not explain the issue correctly.

Sorry about that.

:D

well, if it is only the openoffice stuff that is missing, you can add it yourself with menudrake. take a look at menudrakes structure. it is quite self-explanatory. in case you really need help with the menu-tool, post back. :)

Edited by arctic

:D

well, if it is only the openoffice stuff that is missing, you can add it yourself with menudrake. take a look at menudrakes structure. it is quite self-explanatory. in case you really need help with the menu-tool, post back. :)

Well actuallu, this is the menu inside open office org wihci is missing.

hen you open Openoffice.org write for exeample, the menu bar has only dashes instead of the usual items like file, edit, view, etc)

ahaaaaa..... comprendo! :lol: right click on your panels in Oo. there will be an option to customize/add buttons your panel. you can try to add all icons there. maybe that is the easiest way to fix it.

ahaaaaa..... comprendo!  :lol: right click on your panels in Oo. there will be an option to customize/add buttons your panel. you can try to add all icons there. maybe that is the easiest way to fix it.

I thought that i would post a snapshot of the openoffice.org interface so that you can see the pb by yourself.

This is what it look like when i open it .

This is only with this software that it happens and only with a specific user (in Kde environment)

post-3401-1103391175_thumb.jpg

uh... have you already tried removing the /.openoffice folder from your /home directory? and: does this thingy happen with another kde-theme than baghira?

... man, that looks really weird.... :screwy:

uh... have you already tried removing the /.openoffice folder from your /home directory? and: does this thingy happen with another kde-theme than baghira?

... man, that looks really weird....  :screwy:

Yes it happens with every kde enviroment in the same user.

Is /.openoffice a hidden file ? Do i have to log on to root to remove it or can i log on to normal user ?