soundblaster live [solved]

oms

I've just recieved mandrake 10.1 official, I am still having the same problems with my soundcard. XMMS can play MP3s fine, unlike any other program.

When i try to play movies or mp3s in other programs the first second of sound repeats indefinately, after about ten seconds the program then freezes. Normally when i kill the process the sound stops, however with kaffeine the sound continues after the program has ended.

If anybody can think of a way of generating an error message so that i can get this whole thing sorted out i would be very grateful.

The sound works in slax-popcorn and slax on both movies and sound.

thanks again

Ah, sorry.

Reason I asked is, I had similar problems in Mandrake 9.1 (and Mepis as well once I think), and for Xmms changing the audio interface plug-in did make a difference.

Although I couldn't really explain what was wrong... might be similar, though. What audio plugin do you use for xmms?

Since Adam seemed to have better experience with it, I thought I might wait for his reply... only it wasn't a reply to your problem... didn't spot that.

You might try mpg123 from the command line and see what you get.

Personally I can't make much out of it, but this might also be interesting?

http://www.euronet.nl/~mailme/index4.html

Seem a bit old though.

Also, there's a thread about Soundblaster Live on Linuxquestions.org: http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/sh...15&pagenumber=1

Thanks for your suggestions .. tried them all to no avail.

Just installed FC3 and sound works beautifully.

Anyway, to anyone else who's having the same problem could i suggest that you try another distro.

Gnome isn't so bad when you get used to it even tho i can't play DVDs in xine .. onto the next board.

Thanks for your suggestions .. tried them all to no avail.

Just installed FC3 and sound works beautifully.

Anyway, to anyone else who's having the same problem could i suggest that you try another distro.

Gnome isn't so bad when you get used to it even tho i can't play DVDs in xine .. onto the next board.

Well it should work. But maybe it would be easier for you to install either Mplayer or Ogle.

You do realize you can still ask questions here even if you don't use Mandrake, right? That's one of the reasons we have a "other distros" forum.