I didn't know Firefox could do that!

SoulSe

By going to edit > preferences ?advanced > mouse wheel, You can set the funcion of the mousewheel by itself, and also what it does with the shift, alt and ctrl keys. each can be different and there are four options, including regular scroll and text zooming.

Personaly, I find the text zooming far more useful than setting a larger default font size.

I knew that Mozilla could zoom fonts with the mouse wheel but thanks Crashdamage for the + and - tip.

I've just found out that Mozilla can text zoom using ctrl + / ctrl -, it gives better control than the Mouse: I wouldn't be surprised if Firefox does the same.

Cheers,

Bucky

Edited by Bucky

I knew that Mozilla could zoom fonts with the mouse wheel but thanks Crashdamage for the + and - tip. 

I've just found out that Mozilla can text zoom using ctrl + / ctrl -, it gives better control than the Mouse: I wouldn't be surprised if Firefox does the same.

Cheers,

Bucky

It does.

What's cool about Opera that I miss with Firefox is Opera zooms *everything*, text, graphics, photos - whatever, and with a single key (+ or -) no 'ctrl' needed. On the other hand, Opera won't zoom just the text, at least not that I know of. Overall, I'd rather set the font like I want in preferences and have 'total' zoom like Opera.

I've used both the Linux and Windoze versions of Opera for years. Even so, now I've pretty much committed to using Firefox instead, mainly because it works on some websites I frequent that Opera struggled with. I guess more website coders are testing against Firefox because of all the publicity and popularity lately. Seems like Firefox might be a shade quicker than Opera and maybe even a bit more stable too. Both Firefox and Opera are pretty good.

But actually, I still do most of my web grazing with Links.