Memory card icon on desktop [SOLVED]

Earny

I installed mdk 10.1. All problems it caused are resoved except for one irritating minor icon on my desktop. It refers to the memory card (reader) connected to the computer (USB). After installing 10.1, a new icon appeared, the "sandisk imagemate II". This one properly shows me the files stored on the memory card. The other icon brings me to nothing. It seems a residue from the older mdk 10 installation. Its name is harddisk (part1) [mnt/memory_card]. The right mouse click produdes 'open' and 'propertiies' only. As root I deleted all files on the computer referring in one way or another to memory_card or devscsihost0bus0target0lun0part1mntmemory_card.desktop (which iis what properties indicates apart of location: /(devices)). However, the icon remains on the desktop, also after a reboot.

if you're using KDE, try this.........

as normal user, open Konqueror file manager. then go to the Desktop directory. look for a file called .directory. it's hidden, so make sure you have hidden file view set (view->show hidden files). the .directory file hold all of your desktop icon settings. open it with a text editor, find the offending icon entry, remove it, save it, restart KDE.

Chris