Compile errors rampant with Mandrake 10.1 CE

I was wondering if anyone else had any trouble with compilling programs on 10.1 CE? I have tried to compile over 10 different programs that use all sorts of libs. First the g++ compiler doesn't even come on the disks. Next the X includes are causing me no end of runaround - ending up saying that I need to install, due to dependancies) what I couldn't install in the first place! :wall:

I did a full install of 10.1 when I first loaded it. So everything should have been peachy - like it was in 10 Official.

I guess I am just ranting to see if anyone else had any trouble or if it is just me and it is my turn to take one for the team, so to speak.

Ahhhhh! (still love linux though)

bedtime - goodnight.

I installed 10.1 from the beta iso's and I agree there were a lot of missing RPM's. I attribute this to the fact that they were betas. That said --- I don't know what the included RPM's where on the community iso disks, but after putting my sources into urpmi and doing urpmi --auto-select I have had no problems whatsoever when urpmi'ing anything.

all important compiling libraries (rpms) are always on a 4th cd. they are never shipped with the community edition because they need a lot more time for bugtesting. thus you will have to wait for the official edition to be released. until then: stick to the 10.0 rpms they should be usable with a force command ... or grab the unstable ones from cooker.

I installed 10.1 from the beta iso's and I agree there were a lot of missing RPM's. I attribute this to the fact that they were betas. That said --- I don't know what the included RPM's where on the community iso disks, but after putting my sources into urpmi and doing  urpmi --auto-select  I have had no problems whatsoever when urpmi'ing anything.

When you say your sources, do you mean online sources? I was wondering were to get listings for those types of URPMI addresses. Or maybe I could check out the ones you use, if they are public that is.