New low price for Neverwinter Nights

Guest JaseP

BestBuy now has Neverwinter Nights for $35.00 (US). I picked up my copy now rather than wait. I'm waiting to play it until the Linux executable is completed, but I figure now was the perfect time to pick it up, since it had been going for $50.00 (US) before.

I'm going to make sure when I register that I register as a Linux user,... if that is possible.

If i were to buy that copy of neverwinternights for windows would i still have t o make another purchase for soem linux client or executable or whatever so that i could play it in linux?

No the linux client will be a free download, you will need the windows cd to play.

If possible, I advise people to buy it from TuxGames, however, given that it can take a long time and there may be duties and so on, as SoulSe has said, then you may not want to get it from them.

I just say this because they are a Linux company and they will report all sales as Linux sales and so on.

That said, I didn't get my NWN from TuxGames. I got mine on release day, back when I still dual booted, and I paid full price for it. However, I have emailed BioWare's CEO, so he knows that I purchased my game for the Linux client. :)

It's a great game - I got to play it for a few minutes at my mom's place over the holidays, and I remember its sweetness.... Shouldn't be much longer now...

I should mention that the Windoze version runs like crap. I have an Athlon XP 2100+, GeForce2 400MX 64MB AGP, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, and 512 MB of RAM. It shold run like a drean in Win98 but t chugs along with sound hiccups and cursor problems. I can't wait for the Linux version. It will kick the Windoze version's ass.

I should mention that the Windoze version runs like crap. I have an Athlon XP 2100+, GeForce2 400MX 64MB AGP, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, and 512 MB of RAM. It shold run like a drean in Win98 but t chugs along with sound hiccups and cursor problems. I can't wait for the Linux version. It will kick the Windoze version's ass.

It's your graphics card thats slowing you up there, really need a geforce 3 up from what i heard, certainly runs fast on a 1800XP 512mb ram, geforce 4 ti 4200 with 128mb win98 (runs fine untill it crashes, hence don't play it, waiting for the linux goodness).

It turns out that the latest drivers weren't compatible with NWN. I used older drivers and now it runs. Apparently, Win98 is showing it's age.

That's the problem about using an OS that isn't officially supported anymore. I refuse to get WinXPee unless it is forced on me through work.