need a new scanner

fangbite

Just recently my scanner died and frankly I can't live without it. My old scanner was linux incompatable and I'm hoping with the next scanner I buy, I can get something that works in both Linux and Windows. Any suggestions to

a)a cheap, good scanner compatible in windows and linux

B)a site listing such scanners so I can browse through them myself.

I have and like my epson scanner - they even provide a linux tool for it. It's an Epson Perfection 1660 Photo.

It's not the cheapest one around, but good and scans photonegatives and slides too.

Works very well in linux, the only thing that doesn't work are the buttons on the scanner. Big deal.

If you've been thinking about a multi-function device, you should REALLY check out the HP psc1210. it's only $100 and it does everything the home user could want, including playing very nicely with most versions of linux. And, if you happen to install an incompatible version of linux, manualy installing proper drivers is realy not hard. I'm using mine with manrake 10.0 right now.

i have used it for some time now, and i have sold several other people on them, and everyone I've talked to has been thouroughly pleased with theirs.