urpmi

mdemers883

ok, I went to this site to get my urpmi up and running. I used the Pennsylvania mirrors since a couple of the others were getting curl errors. So, it looks lI got the urpmi installed correctly. I updated it as well. So, I can download packages and such...I just grabbed firefox, and it grabbed version 0.8 so needless to say it's grabbing OLD stuff. Here is my urpmi.cfg

plf ftp://ftp.free.fr/pub/Distributions_Linux/plf/mandrake/11.0 {
 hdlist: hdlist.plf.cz
 with_hdlist: hdlist.cz
 list: list.plf
 key-ids: caba22ae
}

updates ftp://carroll.cac.psu.edu/pub/linux/distributions/mandrakelinux/official/updates/10.0/RPMS {
 hdlist: hdlist.updates.cz
 with_hdlist: ../base/hdlist.cz
 list: list.updates
 key-ids: 22458a98
 update
}

main ftp://carroll.cac.psu.edu/pub/linux/distributions/mandrakelinux/official/10.0/i586/Mandrake/RPMS {
 hdlist: hdlist.main.cz
 with_hdlist: ../base/hdlist.cz
 key-ids: 70771ff3
}

contrib ftp://carroll.cac.psu.edu/pub/linux/distributions/mandrakelinux/official/10.0/contrib/i586 {
 hdlist: hdlist.contrib.cz
 with_hdlist: ../../i586/Mandrake/base/hdlist2.cz
 key-ids: 78d019f5
}

Not sure if you guys can see what is wrong. Anyone have any ideas of what's wrong, I know it's obviously an error on my part I just have no clue what I have wrong.

:thanks:

Nope, you didn't do anything wrong. Just using an old version of Mandrake is all.

ftp://ftp.proxad.net/pub/Distributions_Li...0/contrib/i586/

Would I just edit my urpmi.cfg file to use that ftp addy you listed above. Would I replace the current ftp addy in contrib, updates, and main witht the one you listed? Is it really that simple of a fix? I hope so :D

NO!

you have to either use urpmi.addmedia from cli or the media manager in mcc. It's not a fix! It's the same version that is on your mirror. Mine is a better mirror with more software, it appears, but....

these are what I use but they are cooker

you'd want to use (RPMS2 and 3 if you want)

Edited by bvc

so I would use

ftp://ftp.proxad.net/pub/Distributions_Li.../Mandrake/RPMS2

for updates

ftp://ftp.proxad.net/pub/Distributions_Li.../Mandrake/RPMS3

for main

ftp://ftp.proxad.net/pub/Distributions_Li....0/contrib/RPMS

for contrib

correct?

also my "speed" is between 4000-5000 while downloading...I"m hoping that doesn't mean 4k-5kbps

Edited by mdemers883

just a comment about the Proax mirrors...........

i use tham all the time. they have never failed me, are always current, always get great speed from them. except............... yesterday, i was having a helluva time with connection speeds to all proax mirrors (contrib, main, cooker, updates). so, the speed you were/are seeing is not normal for a high bandwidth connection. there must be something up with the Proax mirrors at the moment, but i'm sure it will get back to normal in no time. my low speeds were yesterday & i haven't tried the mirrors today, so it may even be back to normal by now. just stick with them & try again later.

Chris