printer driver [SOLVED]

aioshin

hello to all, does anyone here has a driver for canon lbp800 for mandrake 10 or anyone here knows how to create a driver for this printer to work on linux... ? cups does not support it yet...

[moved from Tips & Tricks by spinynorman - welcome aboard :)]

My suggestions:

-Google for the driver or packages to install to get the printer working.

-Try every single canon driver in harddrake. You'll find some drivers for different models may work for this one, or:

-Try using Turboprint. Turboprint would be the last option to go with when all others fail. They charge a little money, but yu can try an evaluation version to make sure it will work before committing something. Good Luck!

• 6 months later...

hi to all, this was posted I think very long time ago... since no one tried to figure out how to solve this, aside from spiedra, so I just told myself, nevermind, I?l just share my files to a windowze box and print the file from there.... actually, I was googling and googling but all says that lbp800 canon is a pure win printer... until when I read just this morning the post of Sellis, I wondered, what if I'll try again looking for my printers driver, besides, its been along time, maybe someone has come-up how to solve my printer problem... and so.. Oh my god, I stumbled to this link... http://mywebpages.comcast.net/heretrythis/hp3100/psemu.html

It really solves my problem,... hehe, its really amazing coz, you will see there "March 04".. that? my birth date... hehe, btw... by just following the guide lines... now I can print anything from my Mandy10.1 to the Canon LBP 800 connected to a windows 2000 pc...

whoever creates the Idea... thanks...

I just wondered, how come I never find this before.... maybe, I'm just a lazy googler... :cheesy:

and.. hehe, I've just noticed...This was my first post.... :mr-green: