can't use firefox themes

LTD602

I've been using Firefox for a while now (about a month), so I've got the newewst stable version. TO install themes I usually drag them to to the themes window, or I go to that texturizer.net site and install them using their installer. I downloaded a theme from kde-look, the Nuvola theme, and it didn't work, so I uninstaleld it. Now, I can't install ANY themes. They look like they're loading in the theme window, but once done, I can't see them. It's like they disappear after instaling!! No option to select them.

Could someone please help?

I'm using Firefox .8 I got it from uprmi, to install a new theme I would go to tools> Options, if you have the newest version this it might be more different. Any how there should be something labeled " Themes " I click on that and then choose " install new themes " from there it takes me to their website pick the theme that I want click on it and it takes me to a download screen there I have the option of Installing the theme and from there it does it on it's own. I found that when I was restarting firefox they went missing, so you have to do it all at once from the Options menu. And then after that restart firefox... I might be different for others

-Luis

i have currently the newest firefox version installed and i must say, not all themes work with .91. if possible, stick with .9 version as .91 has several bugs in it. e.g. it won't let you define a starting-website via preferences menu (you can type in e.g. www.google. de but try to hit the ok-button. :lol2: ). i always recommend sticking with .x0, .x2, .x4, .x6 or .x8 versions of firefox.

Edited by arctic

Thanks . . .I fixed it. Some stupid tihng with my user profiles. What happened was, I tried to open an html file by dragging it to my firefox icon in my quicklaunch bar. Instead of opening it, it asked me to create a user profile. Well, I couldn't go on without creating one, so I did, and BOOM, the problems started to happen. Themes wouldn't install properly, although it did retain the themes that were already installed. Pissed me off to no end. Then, BY ACCIDENT, I tried to open another html file, and it AGAIN asked me for a user profile. This time, however, I had 2 choices, so I went with what I thought was my old profile. It activatd my old profile, and everything was back to normal. LOL . . . . . . strange.