Mandrake Control Center missing - help!

terrencethecat

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Arctic,

Thank you for the reply.

I am a Linux newbie, I am using Mandrake 10. I did not notice it was even missing until I tried to execute rpmdrake to install some new software.

I am not even sure I know how to check if it is accessable via konsle - could you please tell me how I check?

Thank you for your kind help

Have you tried looking in "menudrake"?

Press Alt & F2 at the same time to bring up the "Run Command" window and type in "menudrake", click on the "Options>>" button and run the command as root.

Click on "System menu" and check to see if the "Mandrake Control Center" option is still listed there.

Let us know how you are getting along.

try this

Open a konsole window - Star /System/Terminals/Konsole (Terminal Program) and become the root user by typing "su" and enter root password. As root run "menudrake".

You may not get any further than before but you may also get some feedback as to why the command fails to run.

Edited by aperahama

Have I somehow uninstalled some of my Mandrake system components?

The only way you could have uninstalled system components is as root, and as you are a newbie, most likely using mandrake-control-center → software → uninstall. If you haven't fiddled around there, the components should still be there. Anyway, your system can be recovered via konsole as root with the good old "urpmi" command (type "urpmi --help" for further information).

But try bvc's link, before messing around with urpmi. ;)