WANTED Telnet Client Software

Technonoid

Like PowerTerm: http://www.ericom.com/pti4linux.asp

I already downloaded and used up the trial. But, I didn't really get to use it enough. I know I could download another, but I'd like to find a free one. I might buy powerterm in the future if everything else goes well on our test system. Its a very slow process with a very low budget. If I prove that I can do everything windows can. Then I can put more linux workstations in, meaning, wiping windows and installing linux.

Some of you may notice that I have been after this for a while now.

TIA

• 4 weeks later...

Why would anyone want to use Telnet ?

1. Password in the clear and can be obtained using a sniffer,

2. SSH is encrypted and very secure,

3. SSH comes with Mandrake also.

Getting the point ? I would not recommend using telnet unless it is REALLY, REALLY required. :D

• 3 weeks later...

The only thing I have to worry about is the idiots with e-mail on PCs.

I doubt anyone can get into our sever without being on site. Its not on the web. Yes, its the old way. But our software is old. And probably will not change for 2 or more years.

Telnet sux I agree. I have no other option. The server has Open VMS OS on it. I was hoping we was getting the 64bit IBM with Linux as the OS, we still might, economic times are tough on us. The system with all the software and new networking thru out including a VPN with our other location was going to cost over 150,000 US dollars. Plus about 1,200 a month for software and hardware support. The hardware support is cool though, for as long as we have it, anything breaks, they fix it. The same for software as well.

I'm still looking....

I'd be willing to write the software if I could get the libs needed for telnet using Kylix3 Delphi. I'm not good enough with C++ yet.