How to place the dial up menu on the desk top?

Guest zonezapper

I'm using M 9.0 and can't figure out how install the short cut icon on my desk top for the mozzila dial up menu .

Thanks, Tom

Do you mean Kppp - Dialup from the Networking entry from the K menu.

If so then with the menu place the mouse pointer over Kppp - Dialup and hold down the Left Mouse Button (LMB). Now move the mouse off the menu and onto the desktop, whilst still holding down the LMB - this is called drag & drop. When you release the button a shortcut for Kppp will be dropped into place. You can now reposition this shortcut anywhere on the desktop by using drag & drop again.

Hope that helps

To create a desktop shortcut in KDE right-click on teh back ground, then 'Create New' >> 'Link To Application'. This opens up a dialogue box, which you just fill in.

The 'General' tab just covers the basic stuff, eg name and icon. You then need to go to the 'Execute' tab. In the command box type the command you want to run. (eg kppp for the KDE dial-ip program)

And thats it, you have a shiny new desktop icon.

Guest zonezapper

I tried the drag and drop! That would not work, so I did the create new and link to application trick, It worked.

I had to rename it to internet connection.

Thanks, Tom :D