Power problem

jlc

scoopy, I have the exact same problem on my 4 year old box. Mostly the wife uses it because I won't get off this one :cheesy: . It has 10-OE only on it. Win2k won't even boot at all, period, nothin. She's starting to like linux ;) . So what we do is boot and when it dies the first boot, usually at the mdkkdm login, we just let it sit there at the blank screen for 5 or 10 minutes and then after a reboot it works fine. Yes, it just about has to be thermal but in our case I wonder about the bios kicking the bucket because sometimes it doesn't shutdown, sometimes it does. The first time I disabled acpi in the bios the box was fine for a week, then it started doing it again. I've tested the ram, swapped psu, hd's, and video cards....always the same......on its last leg I suppose.

thanks streeter and bvc... I will look into this (no problem with my win2k or shutdowns here) :D

Let's get this thread back to cybr's problem now. I didn't mean to hijack this... it just sounded very similiar.

That's ok, I haven't had time to look into why yet :lol:

Come on, it's linux, not like I shutdown often. :thumbs: