Mandrake moving to X.org

MoonChild

Also, how stable is cooker?

I've had few problems with cooker as a whole. Right now, there's a small issue with KDE, but that should be fixed within a week.

Where can I find whats going on right now w/ cooker, and do you know what the current issue with KDE is?

Current KDE is 3.2.2-13mdk

I have it installed; there's a slight problem with the KDE sound system, but it only affects (from what I can see) system sounds.

As far as what's happening in cooker, I'm not sure what you mean. You can check any of the cooker mirrors to see what versions of software you have installed are; or you can check Mandrakelinux's Cooker Page and subscribe to the cooker mailing list. Just a warning if you do subscribe: Be prepared to receive a LOT of email :lol2:

I knew when I logged in and the soundserver crashed :lol2:

You can follow bugzilla or subscribe to the mailing list and you would find that out as well; but I found it by trying out everything I could and seeing what worked and what didn't.

I knew when I logged in and the soundserver crashed :lol2:

:headbang: cooker/urpmi.update -a && urpmi --auto --auto-select.......oops crash/cooker....happens sooner or later to at least a few apps here and there. I've never be destroyed by it though :headbang:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jasc22

Beware there seems to be a problem with nvidia drivers from the nvidia website and xorg,

I found out when i tried playing Neverwinter Nights.

Edited by jasc22