Mandrake Users Board SETI Group

ab2ms

Well it's a new board again, so time to throw out a pitch for the group again. We're still a small group, but I know there are SETI clients running on those MDK machines just waiting to join a group! We gotta show the world what this distro can do!

Just check it out at http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/stats/t...eam_139739.html

If you're not running SETI yet then just click on the logo at the top of the team page to learn more. Let's make this group grow!

so if i'm on 56k they won't affect my speed, and if i shutdown every night instead of leaving comp up will that really matter, like affect it in any way?

It won't affect your connection speed, however it can affect your processing speed a little if you have a smallish cpu. But the app is very well designed in that it uses spares cycles so there shouldn't be any real noticable difference.If you shutdown it obviously stops processing but can be set to autostart and can also be set to only up and download with your permission.

• 3 weeks later...

sw33t, but I already op a team. Don't think my teammates would appreciate me 86'n them when they left other teams to form this one. Besides, while my operation is predominately Mandrake, it isn't entirely Mandrake.:roll:

Has nothing to do with looking for aliens, just about who can crank out the most WUs.

• 3 weeks later...

It's getting cold enough outside now, maybe I'll fire up Seti again and join the team. I have a little over 1600 units to throw in the pot.

Why does it matter if its cold out you ask? Well with 3 machines with the cpu at 100% it gets damn hot in the apartment. :lol: