mdk10 isos HOW to burn them

fahd

Hi,

How do I burn the iso's using Mandrake? I'm currently on 9.2 and have never needed to burn images before...

- Start k3b (from the menu or issuing 'k3b' in a terminal)

- Go to 'TOOLS' menu, then 'CD' and then 'BURN CD ISO IMAGE'

- Select the 'image to burn' (i.e.= /home/user/Mandrake_10_Official_CD1.iso)

- Click on 'START'

NOTE= My system language is not english so the menu names may be different but similar to the ones i mention.

Good luck.

How do I burn the iso's using Mandrake? I'm currently on 9.2 and have never needed to burn images before...

With the 'cdrecord' command. First, get your cd burner device address with 'cdrecord -scanbus'. The address is three numbers separated by commas, like 1,3,0. Once you have that, here's the command:

cdrecord -vv dev=x,x,x speed=x filename.iso

http://www.uselinux.co.uk Mandrake 10 official on bootable DVD for a few squids if anyones interested.

Beauty!! It's taken me nearly two days to not-quite download the first iso, so I've ordered this instead. Thanks also from my husband who won't have me being bad tempered for the rest of the week when the network borks!

Thanks also bvc, feralertx and Ronin, it's good to know how to do this without booting up XP and using Nero.