Good Rippin'

SoulSe

I need some help. I'm looking for a good rip n' encode program for Linux. Grip doesn't cut it (I'm a bit of an audiophile, ya see).

I used Music Match Jukebox for Linux, which is a complete joke.

In Windoze, I used to use Exact Audio Copy with Lame, can't seem to find a program for Linux that meets those standards (the output files are intended for radio playback).

Lemme know.

Perhpas a little explanation is necessary: I do not have a problem with Grip, what Grip boils down to is a GUI for cdparanoia and lame (or whatever rip and enocde programs you need).

My problem with it is that I need to spend time on each cd getting it going, now for my application (radio work) I need to rip and encode large amounts of music every day. So I guess what I mean is that I need something more reliable and quicker (not in the actual rip & encode, but in getting it going).

Yeah, grip works ok but it's dog slow. I have a program (the last thing I use windows for) in my WIn95 box called Easy CD Ripper. Rips songs and converts them to mp3's in half the time grip does. I use that and have my two machines netowrked so I just pull them from the win box to my linux machine and burn from there. (now I have my cd rw in linux working good)