Installing Moz 1.2

Guest tisonlyi

Guest tisonlyi

Please be gentle, it's my first time.

i downloaded the linux tar.gz from the mozilla.org front page link. followed the instructions in the readme (./mozilla-installer) went through the motions and now... well...

mozilla stills shows up as 1.1

:-/

i've started moz (1.1) fromt he menu, but when i try to just type mozilla at the command line, it hangs. go to the new /usr/local/mozilla directory and do similar... hangs.

and help people?

has there been an mdk rpm made somewhere?

When you install mozilla 1.2, it will install to a different location then the 1.1. This means that you will have two version of mozilla on your computer. Both should work side by side though.

If you wait a few days, I am sure that either Mandrake, or Texstar, will release Mandrake specific rmps.

Well.. texstar has created a test mozilla 1.2 with XFT built in. It's not in the typical directory, but it's located here

http://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distribut...0-1tex.i586.rpm

If I were you, I'll be a bit wary about installing this one. I have mozilla 1.1 working nicely with antialiasing on and so on. The good thing about texstar's rpm that it is installed in a different directory than mandrake mozilla 1.1 so at lleast you can uninstall it without affecting mozilla 1.1 that much. But since it iis a first release and require you to have XFT, it may not work as well as you like.

:cry: i installed moz 1.2.1 but, i have the same problem.

It crashes without any reason, :?:

its a shame that this problem is still there

for now i'll stay with moz 1.1 or opera (which i think its better, even if the fonsts are ugly)

Does anyone have any idea about this prob.

Thanks