Creating CD-RWs for MDK 10

Andrewski

Which program would y'all recommend to burn CD-RWs for multiple? I'm moving on 10, but since the final will be coming out so soon, I'd rather not make 3 soon-to-be coasters... I've used k3b before, but I don't have KDE on my system anymore. I've also (briefly) tried xcdroast.

where'd you get 700-mb CDRWs? I can't find any, can you tell which brands make them? All the ISOs are about 695 megs.

hmmmm.......i don't know where you are or where you shop, but 700 meg CDRW's can be found most anywhere. at least i can get them everywhere here in Pennsylvania, USA. any of the major computer supply chains, KMarts & WallMarts, Radio Shack, record stores, etc. they all have them.

as for the CD burning app question, if you don't have K3B at your disposal, i'd go with XCDRoast. it does ISO's quite nicely. just choose "create cd/dvd", "master tracks", uncheck "display directories only", select your ISO image(s), set any options you want, "write tracks". you can also create your own ISO's via the same controls.

Chris

I used to "waste" money on CD-R's too to burn copies of distro's that I'm never going to re-load.

I have 3 perfectly good CD-RW's with 10rc1 on them at the moment, that will get erased to make way for mdk10official :D

CD-R's are good for making backup copies of music to listen to in the car. :thumbs:

I haven't seen a CD-R(W) of less than 700M for a very long time.

Gee, I thought if you burned an image to RW, it was nothing more than a CD-ROM after that. My formatted CDRWs have a capacity of 530 MB, and those are 10X RWs (not the old 4X). Then again, these were formatted under UDF 1.5 format with InCD that came with Nero 5.5.

i've never had problems using cdrw's for data, either. you generally don't wanna use them for music 'cause most cd players won't read them. and, on the rare occasion you can run into a cdrom that will have problems reading them. (usually an older one) but, it's rare........

and, as for capacity limits, both k3b & xcdroast have a place in the settings/options where you can set the size (capacity) of the burning medium. k3b defaults to 650megs, but you just need to set it to 700megs & apply the setting for future use.

Chris