Mandrake 10 install, no USB wheel mouse

83mercedes

When I had that problem of USB mouse not working during Install, I went into theBOIS and found that the <legacy support for USB> was set to "disabled" as default. I set it to "enabled" and had no further problems.

It really does pay to look at your BIOS settings carefully sometimes.

CHEERS

Moin,

the only issue I had with my USB wheel mouse in mdk10.0 RC was that, for some weirdo reason, autodetection mapped the weel to "6 7" instead of "4 5", i.e. horizontal scrolling instead of vertical scrolling. Don't ask me why, but at least it's easily fixed.

-Sascha.rb

Guest pipplo

It still doesn't work for me after enabling usb legacy, and saying no to pnp aware os. I can't find a usb-ps2 adapter (i don't know what i did with it) so i dunno what to do :(

I guess i'll wait and stick with 9.2

Booted to the CD1, setup starts, but mouse don't work at all. (Even after I select the mouse type in the install).

So I quit the install.

Anyone have ideas?

Thanks

That's what exactly happened to me yesterday, but even though I decided to go ahead with the installation and during the first boot, my optical USB mouse got recognized.

Hard to understand, but just to share with all of you. B)

It still doesn't work for me after enabling usb legacy, and saying no to pnp aware os.  I can't find a usb-ps2 adapter (i don't know what i did with it) so i dunno what to do :(

did ya finish the install?

Guest pipplo
It still doesn't work for me after enabling usb legacy, and saying no to pnp aware os.  I can't find a usb-ps2 adapter (i don't know what i did with it) so i dunno what to do :(

did ya finish the install?

Yeah, i did. Still doesn't seem to work. Mouse light actually stays on until the section that says 'initializing usb' or somethign to that effect, and then the mouse light goes off.

It's a logitech usb optical.. and I have an MSI K7t266 Pro 2 Motherboard

Guest pipplo

Got it guys. It was on http://qa.mandrakesoft.com for 10.0

With the MSI k7t266 pro2 you have to add the following commadns to lilo in order for usb detection to work

acpi=off noapic

you can do this at boot by pressing f1 to add more options then typing in

linux acpi=off noapic

before starting the installation. Then just edit the entries in the lilo config before restarting and the mouse detection should work (try it if you are having the same usb problem with an MSI board)

Guest pipplo

Now the only problem is that i can't change it to a wheel mouse. No matter how many times i select usb wheel mouse in hard drake it just goes back to 'any ps2/usb mouse'

What file would i edit to do this by hand?

edit: Fixed it, just edited /etc/sysconfig/mouse and changed wheel=no to wheel=yes

Edited by pipplo

I too am using the 'any ps2/usb mouse' and my Logitech USB Dual Optical Mouse with scroll wheel is working perfectly in Mandrake10.

During the install, did you do the test in the last stages of install setup ??? If you did and it worked there then there is no need or reason to try setting for your particular mouse brand. If it works there then it will work after it boots up for the first time.

Cheers

Guest pipplo

nono, it didn't work after first boot. So then i tried to change it within mcc and it wouldn't change. so i had to do it by hand. it worked during isntall which is weird ... :confused: