Installing nvidia chipset drivers

Zend

I finally got my system all setup and running fine, but im trying to install the drivers from source since i have MDK 9.2 and there are no precompiled drivers.

I unpack the source and try to do a make on it but it has error after error, it keeps complaining about "nvnet.o" and i dont know what to do. Any ideas?

If you fire up Mandrake update, you'll find it there. Make sure it matches with the kernel you are running. Or add some sources to urpmi from contrib or cooker and some other sites then as root type:

urpmi kernel-source

Edited by spiedra

Don't know. There are some people here that run nforce2 that would be happy to point you in another direction. One thing I forgot to mention, if you have windows on that same pc, you can also download the kernel source from windows, then boot into Linux and cd over to the Windows partion and install it that way as well.

Note: Another option would be to upgrade to the latest kernel 2.6.x which includes support from nforce2. There's another post about this issue that you can have a look at. It's in this section.

Edited by spiedra