Clié and JPilot -- alternatives?

Hi there,

I sync my Clié TG50/E with JPilot, which works great as far as the standard applications are concerned. It just ... works. Which is good. But: The only access I have to the other files on the thingy (voice memos, images etc.) seems to need the "backup" function of JPilot, resulting with a, well, a backup. Lots and lots of .pdb all over the place, and I haven't found a way to decompress / convert them into anything readable by my linux apps.

I use Window Maker, GNUstep and GNOME frameworks, but NO KDE. Is there a viable alternative to JPilot for synching my Clié with Linux, and/or how do I convert those .pdb files into something usable?

-Sascha.rb

P.S. .pdb example: recorded an interview, plays fine on the Clié; download it, and there's a .wav.pdb file that can't be opened with whatever I tried. -.rb

I have a clie NX80V and if I want to access any of the files on the clie I can mount my memory stick using the usb-storage and sd_mod modules.

Of course - I don't know if you have a memory stick or not - I have never come across any way of mounting the normal memory - although it might be theoretically possible to create a network connection over the USB connection...

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, no memory stick (yet). But I like the network idea; have to have a good look at the manual again.

Thanks for the hint!

-Sascha.rb