Sorry but Linux will wait in its box

Nito

"First I want to say that tyme and some other guys sounded a little rude and making laugh at me..."

Know what you mean I am a newbie also, what I got initially was RTFM, which since I had asked how to get the monitor working was no help at all. For every smart alec there are four who will help so ignore the pillocks. I don't think they meant to be rude but rather it may be a language difference as in the way they use it. Some of them are american and can't even spell properly :lol2:

"ah yes, the extra time it gives you when you're defragging the hard drive for the 3rd time this month! "

Actually I have to do it daily (defrag i mean) Must be the type of applications I am using. Document scanning seems to strain the poor thing

bla,bla,bla...

I'm really surprised that you guys with all your experience here and in other linux forums fall into this tipical flame war. A guy ranting us about problems using linux but who hasn't post any question here requesting help to solve that problems. He doesn't deserve our attention, here are many other people who are inerested in using linux

Linux fortunatelly is not for every one, if the guy doesn't pick the fun and is much happier with M$Windows, then good bye. Lets help people who wants help and deserves it.

Aru,

I think it is good they stated their opinions. To show that, in the long run, if he makes the efforts these will bear fruit. Thinking of my own situation, I've been fiddling and hopping for almost 2 years now, but slowly getting there.

But I agree this thread shouldn't grow to five pages...

As for the ranting, it doesn't add any value, but I believe it's all for the fun. E.g. Gmac's remark, which *is* rude, but made me laugh nonetheless. Cause it was meant to be funny. But he's wrong though, some Americans do know how to spell :P .

Darkelve

Edit: maybe we should put information about this in the FAQ's? So that, instead of having this discussion over and over, it's always available for reference.

Edited by Darkelve

Guys, how old are you? 10 or 12? (No offense but it seems you enjoy the "emoticons" and make-laugh so much...)

Is that you, tyme, didn't get my point as for example Ghil Vertefeuille or Roland or phunni that makes his slogan "Friendly Englishman" shine.

GMAC: RTFM, that's why Linux is now where it is. Because of those people like aru who says "Linux fortunatelly is not for every one, if the guy doesn't pick the fun and is much happier with M$Windows, then good bye. Lets help people who wants help and deserves it."

These kind of people destroys all the Linux movement for believing they are elite.

Taking about the spelling of some people... let it there.

Let me ask you something aru: What do you use Linux for? write letters, read e-mail, play some games, listen music....etc

BUT you cannot make good webpages until Macromedia releases its products for Linux or code them by hand... I think you don't care much because you just use Linux for minor tasks... (Now I am being rude)

"if you want help, you don't come into a forum full of people who like a certain thing, and then proceed to rip apart the very thing the forum exists for in your very first post (that's called trolling, and isn't tolerated on most forums)"

It would be stupid not to accept detractors or accept good constructive critics. Besides I WAS NOT attacking your beloved product. I was just pointing some issues that I AM SURE Mandrake is taking or will take into consideration. Any moment I was rude or offensive to the product itself or with you or any member of this website/forum. BUT MOST OF YOU WERE and that lets much to be desired.

Taking about viruses, let me tell you that I am proficient on that matter and I was talking for me when I said that they were not a problem. I know most users just got an email and open whatever attachment is in it. Not my case. Also disabling HTML messages and using an antivirus along with a good firewall stops most internet worms and viruses.

And for you that make laugh at Windows, let me tell you that I got to know a lot about PC hardware by coding in assembler and macro assembler back in 1988. I even coded an anvirus for the Ping Pong and Brain viruses. And this is a lot more than most of you can say.

I understand how a PC works, I just wanted to try Linux and see what was all about. But I will wait until "it's more compatible with everything under the sun" or better said "it gets more like Windows". Isn't that the goal for attracting Windows users and become a standard???? I don't know why you attack me for saying that if it's the truth as I explained in my last post.

I was wrong when I said the former was my last post. This one is.

P.S. tyme, about the Imesh or Kazaa.. I was taking about the shareware/freeware software of course! :jester: :P :D :lol:

Guys, how old are you? 10 or 12? (No offense but it seems you enjoy the "emoticons" and make-laugh so much...)

emoticons are used to show emotion because otherwise you can not tell if someone is attempting to be rude, sarcastic, funny, etc.

and no one under the age of 13 is permitted on this board, you should have known that from when you registered.

Ok, this thread is going nowhere fast. Nito if you have a specific prob please post it in the appropriate forum. If you're unsure then pm a mod or an admin and we'll be happy to help. Thread locked.