Soundblaster SB Live! issues

Guest vtbaz

I have been using a soundblaster live card for several years, and it works just fine in Mandrake.

Would you describe more about your hardware? On board sound? Other devices in your system? And you have checked the volume contol?

By your postcount it looks like you are new to this... I have the SBLive as well and it took a little tinkering with the volume control in kde before I got things working :) I use gnome now so I cant tell you exactly which levels I was using to get sound, jus unmute all of them, turn each fader down and go one by one with xmms playin something in the background and you will most lieky find the fader you need to get sound

PEAS

-C

• 2 weeks later...

For me I had to change the sound module to "emu101k", not the "snd-emu101K", and the system for some reason installed the "audigy" driver by default on installation.

Go to the Mandrake Control Center, Hardware section, then click on the sound card and choose "configure". Select the "emu101k" driver and reboot.

As noted above, you may also have to open an audio mixer program and turn the volumes up.

Edited by bobaloo

• 2 weeks later...

Try turning OFF the microphone in aumix. That cleared up the *feedback* signal I was hearing. I have no mic attached, but was getting this "horn noise" until I did that.