Supermount?

Guest LinuxExplorer

Guest LinuxExplorer

Just out of curiosity, has anyone here had any luck with supermount? I mean without any trouble at all. I've had to completely disable it to read data from my CDs on both my CD-RW and DVD.

Oh, and is just me or is there a small performance boost when its turned off too?

Performance in that way, that entering /mnt does not need time any more.

And no, got no solution by now, therefor it's part of the kernel, there will not be a solution in sight.

But when the next patched kernel from Mandrake is out, perhaps then it is fixed...

Guest LinuxExplorer

Yeppers. I've got all the updates that it'll allow and that I didn't see as unecessary (like a library for IJS printer drivers). I guess I'll have to wait until there are more updates and perhaps a new release. The eject and mount commands are easy enough from console.

Guest TheHollowSpy

I have one drive on a Dell Optiplex GX50 and I had to disable Supermount in order to read from CD's, it used to fail after reading about 15Mb with a File not found:<filename> message.