DVD+ recording

Pierre

Now I got this great new Benq DW800A DVD+ recoder with its bundled Windows software.

Now I want to use this with my MDK 9.2 but can't find any DVD+ recording software for Linux. Only found a GEAR package for USD 800 +++ that does DVD- !

Has anybody any experience in DVD+ recording on Linux?

I have a DVD +/- R(W) drive, and have written all formats with it with success. However I still have some questions:

- I read somewhere that it is possible to use a +RW as if it were a HD (add and delete files at will). However I don't seem to be able to do that with K3B or other. :angry::wall:

- As a second, it would be already good just to be able to create a multisession DVD as with a CD, however, that seems not to be possible. :unsure:

Anyone with experience with this?

Ciao,

Sitor

No, this can technically be done with dvd+rw too.

The link you need is this:

http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/

dvd+rw can support an arbitrary filesystem, ext2, ext3 or whatever.

Read that page carefully; the part about the limited number of writes should give you some idea whether it is a good idea.

In case you are referring to dvd+mrw (mount rainier for dvd -- something that is not possible in dvd-rw due to the specification), there is no drive that supports this at this moment.