middle-aged kid needs new game

null

Ive been stuck on NeverWiter Nights for the longest time.  Native installer works good to.

I love Neverwinter Nights, so another vote for that... although it runs really badly on my system as is a bit of a nightmare in Linux.

On a AMD Athlon XP 2500+ with 512MB of RAM and a Geforce 4 MX440 I only get a framerate of 5 unless I drop all my setting (then I get 11). Please no posts about nvidia drivers and 24bit depth settings and and and... I swear I have done it all (unless your name is DOlson, in which case: Dols, I've done everything and it won't speed up, please help! :cheesy: )

I also have quake 3 installed, but this is more of a benchmark program then a game to me at the moment :P

Unreal Tournament is cool, but.... oh wait, you're using Windows... hmm... I think you're asking in the wrong place. :deal:

.... oh wait, you're using Windows... hmm... I think you're asking in the wrong place.

well, my better machine is a win2k box, but I also have a linux box that I want to upgrade.

This was just a general inquiry about some of the post-Doom games that I have never played.

This is the only place I ask stuff, winblows or linux anyway... :)

.... oh wait, you're using Windows... hmm... I think you're asking in the wrong place.

well, my better machine is a win2k box, but I also have a linux box that I want to upgrade.

This was just a general inquiry about some of the post-Doom games that I have never played.

This is the only place I ask stuff, winblows or linux anyway... :)

Well, the only reason I said that was because you have a much larger variety of games to choose from with windows. People who use only Linux, such as myself, don't play windows games, so it would be hard for us to recommend any ;)

I do, however, play Warcraft III using WineX and I enjoy that, it's a good game, even if Blizzard are a little lame for refusing to support Linux (yet they are very commited to Mac - go figure).

Doom I & II were awesome, can't wait for Doom III!

I'm getting addicted to Morrowind, but unfortunately there is no way to let it run under Linux. It's not exactly a 'light' FPS, but it *is* RPG HEAVEN!!!

The first RPG ever to keep really draw me into the game world (well, that and Laxius Power :P ).

• 4 weeks later...