ati radeon 9600 pro and mdk 9.2

fahd

Please help if you can. I downloaded ati radeon driver for ati 9600 series, and installed it in mdk 9.2, unfortunately it did not work at all. Really i am sad and thinking of using another linux distro. I appreciate any help. Thank you.

Fahd :woops:

Thats how easy you give up? Wow. So saying you'll install another distro is a threat? What makes you think a different distro would be easier? Wow I'm in a crabby mood this morning aren't I. :oops:

Whats wrong with the default Radeon drivers in MDK? They work fine on my 9200.

If they can work in another distro, they can work in Mandrake. If they cannot work in Mandrake, what makes you think they can work in any other linux???

Fix the problems you encounter -- usually it will be your own ignorance (not meant negatively, all newbies are not 'in the know' about linux, this is perfectly normal and acceptable).

Read this for starters on how to be part of the 'community':

http://www.mandrake.tips.4.free.fr/learninglinux.html

To come back to your problem, I think you may have to install the radeon proprietary drivers for linux. Check the ATI site (I have no radeons), or google; I'm sure there are plenty of install hints and tips for that around...

If that doesn't work, check back here and explain what you tried and what the result was. I know there are plenty of people with radeons here who know how things work.

Edited by aRTee

• 1 month later...