audio cd

kilimanjaro

Eroaster can automatically convert mp3s and oggs to .wavs.

yup but wav files are not the ones being burned to create an audio cd. i think the format is named cdda. its just that wav files are the closest thing to it and would require less memory-intensive conversion.

ciao!

I just recently burned a CD from mp3 files just the way aRTee described. Not sure if I had to install lame for this or not, but it did not take long at all on an AMD 1200 system ( the key here may be the 7200 rpm harddrive and CD being on a separate IDE cables )

IF it complains about the encoder... look for this --> liblame0-3.93.1-4plf

I also noticed, my k3b seems to have come with an ogg encoder/decoder plug-in, but I haven't tried this.

but it did not take long at all on an AMD 1200 system ( the key here may be the 7200 rpm harddrive and CD being on a separate IDE cables )

i did the conversion and burning with k3b on my Duron800 (hdd is 5400 rpm). The burner is on a separate IDE but the files being converted are already in the harddrive (reiserfs). if im not mistaken 13 songs (about 54 minutes) took me around 55 minutes. doing the manual conversion (mp3 to wav + normalization) took around 20 minutes and burning them to CD took another 15. to me that is almost about 50% faster. but then again, what is another 30 minutes in the grand scheme of life. :D

ciao!