Menu disappeared

Andrewski

Couldn't find the former. Installed the latter, but I'm not sure what it's supposed to do. It didn't restore my default mdk menu, that's for sure. It also didn't seem to add any commands or executable files in my path, either. What do you know?

Sorry I'm so blooming dumb!

not dumb...just having fun!

do

rpm -qa | grep mandrake

then for all that pertain to menus do (as expample)

rpm -ql mandrake-menu-directory

this will list the files that are in the rpm, or should. Another thing to try is the rpm command that list all missing rpm files....but i don't remmeber it or see it in rpm --help or man rpm. Maybe someone knows. I only used it once about 2 years ago.

Menudrake is a bit tricky. It's been buggy for as long as I can remember.

If I remember correctly, though, you can add a program to the menu (KDE at least, not sure about Gnome) in the ~/.kde/share/applnk or applnk-mdk directories. I have never tried this, but that IS where your user menus are stored.

Maybe someone else knows better or more and I'de love to here what anyone has to say about this.

But after reloading because of my last menu problem ( I know I didn't have to but wanted a fresh base to playwith)I decided to try updating only one group at a time. Skipping anything KDE untill last.

Well I ran urpmi on the XFree86 pacages and they hosed the menues. Got them back with the update thing.

Since I didn't update KDE yet maybe its just the XFree stuff doing it. If anyone has a better idea please tell me.

Now that XFree86 is updated I'll try hosing the menus by updating KDE. Maybe they both do it. Hopefully its just related to the XFree stuff.