Need a heads-up on this hardware

Darkelve

Ok, ok,

so I know I have been nagging around this board about my wireless setup (sorry :unsure: ), but it is really bothering me I cannot yet connect to the net with my Linux box.

So I will not nag anymore, but I would like to get at least a heads-up on the following product I am very close to buying:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00...9364019-5383338

They state on the page you should be able to use this 'bridge' (difference with a router=?) with Linux without any drivers, just an ethernet jack.

I want to have this device pick up an IP address from my Intel access point, so it will my desktop PC can use my home network.

See below for more detailed information on my situation and setup

[Edit: I think it's a fantastic idea to provide links to these devices from the wlan project page!]

Thanks!

Darkelve

My situation:

- My network card, a Realtek8139, runs fine

BUT

- I have a wireless home net work installed (Intel pro/wireless 2011b access point hooked up to my incoming cable modem). This distributes network traffic.

- My wireless card (external USB ethernet device) doesn't work and there's no drivers.

- I don't really trust the external USB devices for Linux just yet. Don't care if its more expensive, do care if it works.

(Amazon does not seem to ship to my country ... any other shops?)

Edited by Darkelve

oh yeah a WET11 should work fine for you, its just a network device.

I've got WET11's in use as a bride, and couple as a SU (Subscriber Unit)

You have an Access Point rght? and a number of differnet connection? so you should be able to use the WET11 as an SU