10.0 Cooker

durvish

Guest kuchwas

Looks the same to me. B)

Most of the work is "under the hood/bonnet/?????" right now, and besides, I run fluxbox, testing with IceWM and fxce4, so no change on outward appearances. New versions of qt3, alsa, perl, samba, etc. require many packages to be rebuilt for new version. Some new apps starting to trickle in, but mostly new bugs as new versions are rebuilt for mdk, and then bug fixing. So far in 10 days there have been 39(!) build versions of kdebase-3.1.93-xx which is the KDE 3.2 alpha. Changlog is getting about 100+ new rpms per day, that will mutiply by 5x in about 4 weeks!

:woot:

I am but like kuchwas says it look the same as 9.2. My screenies are

http://www.mandrakeusers.org/index.php?sho...pic=6343&st=330

and

http://home.houston.rr.com/bvc/pics.html

and I haven't completed the page yet but you'll see what's what.

[EDIT]Oh, and the ML10 screenie looks diff because I used DOlsons images from the Show Off Your Desktop thread. That could be accomplished in any linux running gnome 2.2 and up and maybe older (don't remember).

• 1 month later...

I have installed it , and I am trying to run it - networking is broken (no internet as i have cable via the ethernet card ) Kde crashes all the time and various other problems ) I am a Mandrake newbee , but have been using dead rat for several years. but no longer as Red Hat has seen fit to discontinue its home user version.

So far on a system, that everything works right on redhat9 I have - no sound , no network , no internet , and very unpredictable x and Kde . - off to a flying start !

unit is P4 2.8 , soltek 845PE board 512 ram - they said cooker was beta !

Guest kuchwas
they said cooker was beta !

Often it is pre pre alpha, if you update a few times a day.

There have been two pre beta snapshots.

First beta should hit in about a week, IIRC.

Edited by kuchwas

Guest kuchwas

KDE updates by sync with cvs 3 to 6 times PER day. Gotta keep up!

B)

Right now every hour is like a snapshot, and next hour it might be different. Tomorrow it WILL be different! Next week, will seem like last years version.

Knowing what Cooker 10.0 is like based on what you said is like the three blind men describing the elephant. There are many good things about it too, not just what goes wrong.

All the drak tools are undergoing radical redesign right now.

Edited by kuchwas